Apr 10, 2009

CNN Heroes - Retired Navy Capt. Ed Nicholson

I was forwarded a great story from CNN Heroes about Retired Navy Capt. Ed Nicholson's Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing which helps rehabilitate wounded servicemembers.

"Through free classes and outings, Nicholson's organization, Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing, helps rehabilitate injured and disabled servicemembers and veterans.

Nicholson saw that the discipline of tying flies, which requires patience and training, benefited veterans recovering from injuries. And it helped them relax.





"I'm doing something that gives me as much satisfaction and gratification of anything that I've really done. I loved serving my country. I was proud to serve for 30 years. But I'm incredibly satisfied with what I'm doing now."


Read the entire article at CNN Heroes

Please submit your inspirational stories to - stories@trustedsports.com

No comments:

Post a Comment