Apr 22, 2009

Taylor Fisher - Softball Player Plays Through Cystic Fibrosis

Taylor Fisher

"Typical teenage pastimes are some of Fisher's favorites. But when she applies those same fingers to a softball, Fisher can roll it around in her right hand, grip the seams and propel it forward with at least six different pitches.

Not everyone knows that one of Western North Carolina's brightest young prospects has cystic fibrosis.

The disease puts Fisher at risk of overheating during games with the Warlassies, affects her ability to break down and absorb food and puts Fisher at risk of life-threatening lung infections.

“I hate it when people feel sorry for me,” said Fisher, who was diagnosed with CF when she was 11 months old. “I don't let CF stop me from doing the things I want to do.”

Taylor Fisher

Read the entire article at the Citizen's Times.

Please submit your inspirational stories to - stories@trustedsports.com

No comments:

Post a Comment